Rites of beauty: Chloe Sevigny


Actress Chloe Sevigny on how music inspired her make-up.

When I was little my mother never had any fashion magazines in our house for me to look at. Instead I would admire my father's vast music collection.
I would stare at his LPs for hours. Blondie's 'Eat to the Beat' and Marianne Faithfull's 'Broken English' were my favourites. Their soft, blonde hair must have triggered something in me because when I was six or seven I'd stand on the loo seat in my bathroom so I could see myself in the mirror while I brushed my hair.
I didn't experiment with make-up until I was 14, when I discovered New Wave music. Heaps of black eyeliner followed, and I even wore black on my lips. I couldn't find a real black lipstick anywhere so coloured my lips with my trusted eyeliner.
Recently, when YSL showed black lipstick on the catwalk, I went out and bought one. I don't use it - it's still in its packet - but it's nice to know it's there if I ever change my mind.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls